the Elias forum: Introduction










How Did These Sessions Begin?
by Vicki Pendley

When: Saturday, April 29, 1995.

Who: Mary, Vicki, Christie, and Laszlo.

    Photo by R.O.D.
Vicki at the January 2001 Castaic, CA group session. Mary had invited me to come to her house on this particular evening to participate in a meditation. She had asked Laszlo if he would teach her how to meditate because he was very involved in meditation. He had agreed, and Mary told me that Christie and Debbie had been invited also. The invitation was for seven o’clock Saturday evening. I told Mary that I had to work both Saturday and Sunday and therefore would probably not attend, but because my draw to get to know her was very strong, I would stop by and visit her after work. She agreed. I arrived at her house about three o’clock Saturday afternoon, and we started talking. Before long, it was six o’clock and I thought to myself, “Well, maybe I’ll stay. This should be over by eight or eight-thirty.” Laszlo and Christie arrived at around seven and we had conversation for about thirty minutes, as none of us knew each other. Debbie never arrived, and we decided to begin the meditation.

Laszlo explained the basic precepts of meditating, and gave us some visual suggestions. We made an agreement that he would knock on the table three times to signal the end of the meditation. We closed our eyes, and he talked to us for a while. We then sat in silence, practicing our visualizations. I tried the floating leaf and the floating feather, but I finally ended up with a heart. I was concentrating on this, and feeling very relaxed. All of a sudden, I heard a male voice say, “Good evening!” A million things went through my head in a few seconds, in an attempt to explain this to myself before I opened my eyes. Nothing made any sense, however, and I did open my eyes. I looked at Christie and Laszlo, and it was obvious to me that they had heard the same thing I did. I was sitting on the floor next to Mary. I looked to my right where she was, and realized she wasn’t there anymore.

I cannot, with the written word, describe how I felt at that point in time. It was indescribable. I wasn’t scared, but I was astonished, flabbergasted, “blown away.” I didn’t know what to do or say. Then, “Mary” turned her head, looked me right in the eye, and said, “So! You have questions!” I thought to myself, “Oh God! Yeah, I have questions, but I don’t have a clue what they are!” Finally, I managed to stammer, “Who are you?” The answer was, “I am a personality essence.” My mind flew back to the Seth books I had read in the mid to late seventies, and the term sounded familiar. I said, “Where did you come from?” The answer was, “From the same place as you.” I remember asking, “What is your name?” He said, “I am Rastin, but you can call me Raz.” And then he smiled.

Instantly, I became comfortable; at least, much more comfortable that I had been previously! I looked at Christie and Laszlo. They were sitting there staring, eyes wide open, jaws on the floor. I thought to myself, “Well, I better take advantage of this situation and ask some questions!” I began to ask questions. I don’t remember them clearly, but I do remember asking about Mary’s back pain and my epilepsy. Mary and I had been discussing these things that afternoon. I know that Christie did ask some questions, but I don’t remember what they were. I remember that towards the end of this exchange, he looked at Laszlo and asked him if he had any questions. Laszlo said “No.” He never did verbalize anything that evening, in my memory.

The experience lasted for thirty or forty minutes, and “Raz” told us that “Michael” [Mary] was becoming anxious, and he would be leaving. He told us we could talk to him again at another time. He told me to tell Michael [Mary] that he had found the “right company,” or something like that. Then he said “Good evening,” and he was gone. Laszlo had the foresight to knock on the table three times at that moment, and the three of us sat there waiting to see what would happen next. This was a very intense moment for all of us, because we did NOT know what Mary’s reaction was going to be! She slowly opened her eyes, stretched, and said, “Wow! That was really cool! We have to this again sometime! My back doesn’t even hurt!” We all sat there like the three stooges, unable to think of what to say. “Luckily,” the phone rang. Mary jumped up, answered the phone, and told the caller to call back in a few minutes because she was going to transfer the phone to another room. The call was for her daughter Elizabeth, who was in the bedroom.

I became very nervous at this point, because Elizabeth had walked into the hallway on her way to the bathroom in the middle of the session, and had known immediately that her mother wasn’t there. I had seen the look on her face and had not known what to do, so I had done nothing; but I knew that Mary was going to encounter a very scared Elizabeth when she walked into that bedroom. I remember holding my breath, waiting to see what would happen next. Mary was gone for a few minutes, and then walked back into the living room and said, “Okay. What the hell just happened here!?”

We then attempted to explain what had transpired, which was difficult because we didn’t have a clue what had transpired! The conversation lasted until about one o’clock in the morning. We all decided to meet again the following Monday, and see if we could “do it” again. I know I didn’t sleep at all that night. I just lay in my bed, saying to myself, “Wow!” I believe I probably said this word at least fifty times that evening during our conversation, and I’m still saying it today!

[ Go to the top ]

© 1995 – 2023 by Vicki Pendley, All Rights Reserved.